Speech and Language Pathologist with 18 years of educational background. Dealt with Speech and Language disorders including Autism, ADHD, Down syndrome, Global developmental disorder, Aphasia, Dysarthria, Articulation error, kids having learning disabilities, dyslexia.
Possess excellent counseling, listening and general communication skills, along with the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information about psychological matters in an understandable form. Ability to develop and maintain a close working relationship with the clients which in turn help me to gain a depth understanding of their individual needs and thereby deliver effective sessions and treatments.
Speech-language therapy is the treatment for most kids with speech and/or language disorders. Speech therapist is the person who train kids to speak and articulate better. Speech therapist in Dubai and United Arab Emirates or elsewhere treat problem with making sounds. Speech disorders include articulation disorders and these are problems with making sounds in syllables, or saying words incorrectly to the point that listeners can't understand what's being said. Fluency disorders include problems such as stuttering, in which the flow of speech is interrupted by unusual stops, partial-word repetitions ("b-b-boy"), or prolonging sounds and syllables. Resonance or voice disorders are problems with the pitch, volume, or quality of the voice that distract listeners from what's being said. These types of disorders may also cause pain or discomfort for a child when speaking.A language disorder refers to a problem understanding or putting words together to communicate ideas. Language disorders can be either receptive or expressive and both can be treated by speech therapist or kids speech therapist. Receptive disorders are problems with understanding or processing language. Expressive disorders are problems with putting words together, having a limited vocabulary, or being unable to use language in a socially appropriate way. Cognitive-communication disorders are problems with communication skills that involve memory, attention, perception, organization, regulation, and problem solving. All these issues are addressed by speech pathologist in Dubai or speech therapist. Professionals who trained to treat speech pathology and hive speech therapy are called speech-language pathologists (SLPs), often called speech therapists, are educated in the study of human communication, its development, and its disorders. SLPs assess speech, language, cognitive-communication, and oral/feeding/swallowing skills. This lets them identify a problem and the best way to treat it. In speech-language therapy at Kids Neuro Clinic and Rehab Center in Dubai Healthcare City, a speech therapist works with a child one-on-one, in a small group, or in a classroom to overcome problems. Speech therapists use a variety of strategies, including Language intervention activities where speech pathologist interact with a child by playing and talking, using pictures, books, objects, or ongoing events to stimulate language development. The therapist may model correct vocabulary and grammar, and use repetition exercises to build language skills. Articulation therapy includes sound production and exercises involve having the speech therapist model correct sounds and syllables in words and sentences for a child, often during play activities. The level of play is age-appropriate and related to the child's specific needs. The SLP will show the child how to make certain sounds, such as the "r" sound, and may show how to move the tongue to make specific sounds. Oral-motor, feeding and swallowing therapy where speech therapist in Dubai uses facial massage and various tongue, lip, and jaw exercises — to strengthen the muscles of the mouth for eating, drinking, and swallowing. The SLP may also introduce different food textures and temperatures to increase a child's oral awareness during eating and swallowing. Kids might need speech-language therapy for many reasons, including hearing impairments, cognitive (intellectual, thinking) or other developmental delays, weak oral muscles, chronic hoarseness, cleft lip or cleft palate, autism, autism spectrum disorder, motor planning problems, articulation problems, fluency disorders, respiratory problems (breathing disorders, feeding and swallowing disorders, traumatic brain injury. Therapy should begin as soon as possible. Children who start therapy early (before they're 5 years old) tend to have better results than those who begin later.
- Shumen University "Episcope Konstantin Preslavski" Bulgaria
Oct 1993 – Oct 1998
Qualification: Speech Pathologist
Specialization: Speech and Language Pathology
- RBT (Registered Behavior technician)
40 hours Training from BCBA (Board certified behavior analyst) Nipa Bhuptani
- Speech and Language Pathologist at “Kids in Motion” therapy services- Dubai Health Care City.
Duration: Jan 2015 – March 2018
Responsibility: Assessments, early intervention, leading group therapy sessions, ABA approach for behavior cases, individual therapy plans
- Speech and Language Pathologist at Child Learning and Enrichment Medical Center – Dubai.
Duration: Oct 2011 – June 2012
Responsibility: Assessments and Recommendations for the clients, Individual and group sessions
- Speech technician and Speech and Language Pathologist
Child Early Intervention Medical Center – Dubai
Duration: 31.08.2008 – 30.09.2011
Responsibility: Assessments, Recommendations for the clients, Individual therapy plans, group sessions
- Speech and Language Pathologist
Dubai Autism Centre – Dubai
Duration: Jan. 2008 – June 2008
Responsibility: Individual Therapy Program, Individual one to one sessions, group speech and communication sessions, Progress and Assessments Reports, Parents meeting
- Class Teacher and Speech and Language Pathologist at “Future Center” school for Special Needs – Abu Dhabi.
Duration: Sep. 2004 – Dec. 2008
Responsibility: Individual Educational Programs, Individual Therapy Program, Individual and group speech sessions, Progress and Assessments Reports, Parents meeting
- Structured Teaching for Children with Autism – Presented by Dr. Gary B. Mesibov, Division TEACCH, attended in Dubai
- Early intervention via portage services – Professor Judith Barnes, attended in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Teaching Language and Appropriate Behavior to children with Autism and related disorders – Duncan Fennemore BCABA, attended in Dubai
- “Working Towards Independence” conference, dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals with disabilities and all those around them – attended in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Rehabilitation Conference “Modern Rehabilitation: The Holistic Approach” – attended in Al Ain, U.A.E
- “Teaching Numeracy and Literacy to children with Down Syndrome” conducted by the Down Syndrome Education Trust of UK – professor Sue Buckley, Director of Down Syndrome – attended in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- “Applied Behavior Analysis and its Application in the Educational Setting” TUCCI Learning Solution Inc., California, USA – attended in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Competent Learner Model Course of Study – received 100 hours of ABA and instructional delivery training, completing 1-12 units.
- “Principles and Application of Applied Behavior Analysis in the Classroom” – Ciri Ming, California, USA – attended in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- PROMPT Therapy Technique – Accredited 15 CME by DOHMS, Meg Houghton, The PROPT INSTITUTE, attended in Dubai, UAE