Patient information web resources
- Portals Neurology channel URL-www.healthcommunities.com This site offers health news, information on Neurological conditions, patient forums, and a directory containing list of health care providers.
- Patients like me URL-www.patientslikeme.com “A patient like me” isn’t solely dedicated to Neurology. Using this tool, patients can chart their symptoms over time, rate their drugs and treatments and can track their progress against other patients.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke URL-www.ninds.nih.gov The official website of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke of USA is a clearing house for information on Neurological disorders. It provides explanations about diseases, clinical trials and links to patient’s organizations.
- Headway URL-www.headway.org.uk This site promotes understanding of all aspects of brain injury. It provides information, support and services to people and their families with brain injury.
- Brain and spine foundation URL-www.bbsf.org.uk The foundation is helping the people who are affected by brain and spine. Medical and educational professionals are dealing with the effects of brain and spine conditions across the UK.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons URL-www.aans.org This is a database of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Congress of Neurological Surgeons. It provides neurosurgical information for health care professionals and the public. It has an image bank section which has excellent downloadable radiographs and pictographic images.
- Neurosurgery International Doctor to doctor URL-www.nsinternational.org This is a nonprofit organization to improve Neurological surgery and Health care in developing countries. It also promotes education and training for young Neurosurgeons through educational grants, exchange programmes and consultations network.
- National Headache Foundation URL-www.headaches.org Headache is a major Neurological problem for which patient seek diagnosis and treatment. This official website of National Headache Foundation acts as a resource for health professionals and patients alike.
- Brain Talk communities URL-www.braintalkcommunities.org The Brain Talk Communities are online patient support groups for people living with Neurological conditions. These online communities are best placed to provide compassion and support from other patients and caregivers around the world. The Brain Talk Communities are provided as free public service by the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital and its services are open to everyone.