Letter from Riku Brink Fushimi’s Parents
Dear Ms Marisa,
In mid 2017 we noticed that Riku made involuntary sounds and slight movements when the body stiffened. Initially we booked an appointment with the school counsellor at Gems World Academy who directed us to contact Dr. Hamza. He diagnosed this as vocal tic disorder and recommended counseling sessions with you.
We started the sessions after the summer vacation 2017, initially with explaining to Riku about the tic disorder and why it occurs, followed by exercises on how to relax the body and how to address and control the tics himself. Secondly we also received advice as parents how to handle the tic occasions and help Riku with his exercises.
Up until now we have had regular sessions over the last 6 months, and we have seen clear improvements. The tics have disappeared and only at rare occasions (once per month) we can notice a faint sound, which Riku controls according to the exercises.
During the sessions, Riku gained a lot of trust and confidence in you which has helped him not only in the sessions and during his exercises, but also made him more confident in his daily life.
We would like to thank you for your support and dedication to help Riku and us.
Nobu and TomoBy - http://kidsneuroandrehab.ypo.pw30-Mar-2020 12:17 AM
Letter from Adam Hilal’s Dad
We are very appreciative of the help you gave our son Adam in overcoming his stuttering and anxiety when we brought him to the Kids Neuro Clinic. We were very concerned when he started stuttering especially when he was anxious, as it was affecting him in the classroom.
We liked your professional approach with us and were happy you asked to see us first to get a detailed history about our son without him being present.
Your warm and reassuring way with our son helped him believe in himself, become confident and get over his stuttering after a few sessions. His improvement was evident when he volunteered to make a presentation to his class on World Mental Health day. His presentation focused on how he sought help to get over his anxiety and stuttering and encouraged his classmates not to hesitate to seek help if they have a problem. He even demonstrated the relaxation exercises you taught him. It was well appreciated by his teacher and classmates. Adam continues to do well and we are sure he will now handle any stressful situation better.
We are very grateful to you and will not hesitate to recommend you to whoever needs help. Thank you once again.
Farid HilalBy - http://kidsneuroandrehab.ypo.pw30-Mar-2020 12:12 AM
- From JackBasha a Child with Asperger’s and comorbid ADHDBy - http://kidsneuroandrehab.ypo.pw30-Mar-2020 12:04 AM
- Letter from Jack Basha’s mumBy - http://kidsneuroandrehab.ypo.pw29-Mar-2020 11:09 PM
- Letter From Essam Farid’s MumBy - http://kidsneuroandrehab.ypo.pw29-Mar-2020 11:08 PM
- From Dr. Mikhail and Dr. Yulia parents of Eddy MikhailBy - http://kidsneuroandrehab.ypo.pw29-Mar-2020 11:07 PM
- "When my child started his first physiotherapy session he was only able to lift his head but was not able to roll over at 6 months. I sensed that there was an issue rather than it being developmental. Tests have confirmed that he has hypotonia. Now at 13 months, he can sit unaided playing without falling over. He is now starting to use his legs to stand and is gaining strength and reducing the developmental age gap with each passing week.
Parents needs to also be aware that the more effort that they put in the therapy is better for the child. When my child missed sessions due to health reasons it delayed his progress as his muscles needed to regain the strength as well as getting back to normal routine.
Am happy to be contacted by a parent if they need any advice or support from another parent."
- "My son has a very rare disease unheard of by many doctors. Dr Hamza was not only aware but made very helpful recommendations that were life changing. We are also very happy with the physiotherapy treatment which helped to improve his co ordination , balance and walking. The methods that are used to help kids with gross motor skills are revolutionary and one of a kind in Dubai."
- "Our son was having severe learning disability which was notified by the school.We took him for ABA therapy sessions. He eventually improved a lot and at present he is very comfortable with his studies. All thanks to Dr.Hamza"
- TestBy - Ajay13-Apr-2020 02:47 PM
Write a review
If you're interested in submitting a testimonial for Kids Neuro Clinic & Rehab Center, Please use the form below to do so.
Fields marked (*) are required